We all know that staying fit and exercising is important. We also know that staying motivated to work out on a regular basis can be hard.
That’s why finding a good workout buddy is one of the smartest fitness moves you can make. Working out with a buddy can give you:
When you work out by yourself, it’s easy to lose motivation. A buddy will support you and cheer you on to help you reach your fitness goals.
It’s easy to bail on your own workout. But it’s much harder to ditch a workout when you know you’re going to be letting someone else down. Having a reliable workout buddy will help you stick to your goals.
3. Friendly Competition
As humans, we like to be competitive—even if it’s just good, friendly competition among friends. A buddy will challenge and push you to do more than you might do alone.
Working out can be boring, especially during long cardio sessions. Having a buddy to talk with while working out will make the time go by faster.
5. Workout Variety
A buddy can share new exercises or workouts so that you can switch up your routine. This will keep your workouts fresh, as well as keep you motivated to try new moves.
So who qualifies as a good workout buddy? Here are some tips of what to look for when choosing one:
- A good attitude. You want someone who is encouraging and positive.
- A compatible style of motivation. You may need a drill sergeant to get motivated, or maybe a cheerleader.
- Similar schedules. You want someone who is dependable, as well as available to consistently work out with you at the same times.
- Similar fitness goals. You need to share similar fitness goals to be effective workout partners.
- You want someone who makes working out enjoyable and even fun.
Finding a workout buddy can be as easy as looking around the gym during your workout, or calling a fitness-minded friend.
- Challenge your friends to compete for the top leaderboard spot on Guard Your Health’s Guard Fit app.
- Check out these upper body and lower body workouts made specifically for partners.
- Get motivated together with these festive and fun workouts on Guard Your Health’s Tumblr page.